If you are looking for a building or development permit application or additional information to help you in applying for a permit, please see the Related Documents section provided on this page.
A completed application for a building or development permit must include:
- the owner or agent’s signature on the application (if an agent is making an application on behalf of the owner, a signed Landowner Declaration is required)
- a scaled drawing with the structure/building specifications
- lot dimensions and the structure/building’s placement in relation to property lines, natural features, etc
- septic approval for unserviced lots or for hookup approval from the municipality
- a certificate of setback from the Department of Transportation and Infrastructure if situated in a local service district
- processing fee paid in full, and
- any other information deemed necessary to process the request
When all required information is received, staff will start processing the application. If the construction plans, the site plans and all other required information conforms to all of the necessary regulations (i.e. zoning by-law, National Building Code, etc.), the permit will be issued. The official building permit expires one year from the date of issuance.
To submit a preliminary building or development request by email please complete the following: